What you will learn
Learn to confidently develop and teach yoga to children and teens. This course covers background information on general development, stages of evolutionary age and the development of motor skills. It covers children’s needs and distresses and offers solutions that can be found in the yoga practice.
Learn about opening and closing activities, warming up exercises, games and playing, story telling as an educational tool and taking the story to action; the body and yoga poses (asana’s). Learn how to sequence a yoga class for children for the various age groups. Learn about the importance and benefits of the breath, breathing games and exercises. The course also covers concentration techniques and simple guided meditions for each age group.
There is an ART lab included; learn about the importance of the artistic developments of thoughts and emotions by using mandala’s and mudra’s.
And there is a whole chapter devoted to teens; learn about the importance of yoga in adolescence, sequencing, use of assertions, breathing exercises, pranayama’s, guided meditations, yoga nidra and yoga that will help at school.
- completed yoga teacher training
- passion to work with children
- basic understanding of English language
- a device like computer, laptop or smart phone, tv
This course is for
- health care professionals working with children
- yoga teachers willing to expand their clientbase
- school teachers / P.E. teachers
Certificate / Qualifications
- Yoga Alliance points/Continuing Education
- Certificate of Completion