What will you learn
Learn a holistic approach with Yoga and Ayurveda for promoting hormonal health for women and resolving menstrual issues. This course teaches you how you can support women to optimize their hormonal health generally and help them with specific menstrual issues, such as PMS, painful periods, heavy periods, emotional aspects related to hormonal health, fatigue and pain/bloating related to endometriosis or pcod. We’ll also talk about lifestyle practices, meditation and pranayama during different phases of the moon cycle.
The first chapter gives an understanding of the menstrual cycle, reproductive anatomy, covers the hormones that are related to menstrual cycle, explains the different fases of the menstrual cycle and discusses menstual issues.
The second chapter is all about Ayurveda and the menstrual cycle. Expect a short introduction in Ayurveda and learn how you can interpret the menstrual cycle from an Ayurvedic point of view.
The third chapter is about Yoga and the menstrual cycle. It includes sequences for different fases in the cycle and teaches you how to design simple yoga routines for specific menstural issues. It covers yoga and fertility and yoga and menopause. A nice extra in this chapter is an Indian myth on the topic.
Chapter four is about the chakra’s related to the menstrual cycle.
Chapter five teaches about diet and lifestyle. It gives advice for each dosha and for specific menstrual issues. Special subchapters on diet, lifestyle and home remedies for fertility and menopause.
When you have completed this course, you can confidently guide women in all stages of their lives with yoga and ayurveda.
- interest in women’s health
- completed yoga teacher training or at least personal yoga experience
- interest in Ayurveda
- basic understanding of the English language
- a device like computer, laptop or smart phone, tv
This course is for
- Yoga Therapists
- Yoga teachers who want to focus their classes or one-to-one sessions around women’s health
- Yoga teachers who want to teach workshops on the subject (menstrual cycle, fertility and/or menopause)
- Yoga teachers who want to be able to support / advise their students in general (as USP/customer loyalty) on the subject
- Other therapists or health professionals in the area of women’s health who want to incorporate yoga as part of their , such as Ayurvedic therapists or lifestyle coaches.
Certificate / Qualifications
- Certificate of Completion